The terms “getting stoned,” “getting drunk,” and “getting baked” are all slang for the same thing. Marijuana has the power to both calm and cloud the mind, depending on how it is used. Weed can also help calm the body and relieve discomfort, but it can seriously affect motor functions if used inappropriately.
The primary explanation why “budtenders” at medical marijuana clinics prescribe different strains for different medical marijuana users is that different strains of medical cannabis have different effects on the body and mind.
Here are five common medical marijuana strains and their effects on the mind and body. To demonstrate the diverse effects of marijuana strains on the mind and body, we selected various marijuana types, some indica strains, some sativa strains, and some blends.
- Details: Blue Dream derives its name from the dark green colour of the leaves under thick trichomes. It is mostly sativa with a hint of indica.
- Medical Uses The right medication for anxiety, as well as a decent “baseline” medication for pain victims who only need minor breakthrough therapy.
- Details: Don’t be turned off by the name; this light green or orange or blueish indica or sativa hybrid is sweet and has a strong body influence.
- Medical Uses: This strain’s high sativa content makes it perfect for people suffering from chronic pain or who are using medical marijuana to treat depression or other mental health problems.
- Details: 90 per cent indica, 10 per cent sativa, intensely purple-coloured This is the hybrid to top all hybrids, with a stunning appearance that draws patients in like a magnet.
- Medical Uses: Muscle spasms and discomfort are relieved. Ideal for people suffering from restless leg syndrome or other muscular-skeletal disorders.
- Details: Pure indica strain. An Afghani plant crossed with the ever-popular Train wreck. With A-Train, you get all that’s perfect about indica strains: a fiery taste with citrus undertones.
- Medical Uses: Reduces ocular discomfort and increases appetite. The ideal plant for people with glaucoma or other vision disorders, as well as critically ill patients who have difficulty eating.
- Details: Sativa is the primary species. Exceptionally sweet and citrusy smoke. Aphrodisiac properties have been identified—a strong “marijuana” flavour with a strong lemon undertone.
- Medical Uses Sexual stimulant, mood enhancer, and bronchial dilator. The use of a smokeless vaporiser is often administered to asthmatics.
Hundreds of cannabinoids exist in the marijuana plant, each with a unique impact on the patient’s body. With the recent evidence pointing to marijuana’s medicinal effects, the drug’s success has surpassed the stigmas associated with it.
Since medical marijuana contains psychoactive effects, it is useful. Amphetamine addiction is minimised because there is no relapse. The majority of people stop using because of the heavy withdrawals. Withdrawals can be debilitating and inconvenient for consumers. As a result, medical cannabis is beneficial in the treatment of opioid addiction. Furthermore, when treated cautiously and conservatively, medical marijuana has no withdrawal effects.
Medical marijuana is also legal in several states for the treatment of conditions like cancer, anxiety, and other chronic illnesses. However, the classification of marijuana as a schedule-1 substance seems to have developed an obstacle. This designation hampers further investigation into the old drug’s true ability and strengths. Despite this, people increasingly appreciate the advantages of medical cannabis usage. Furthermore, people are looking forward to the legalisation of marijuana for commercial use. This program would ensure that the humorous medication is more easily accessible.